1. Cam Newton - CAR - Newton had a one of a kind 2015 on his way to the MVP award (35 Passing TD, 10 Rushing TD). The Carolina offense regains Kelvin Benjamin and there has been positive buzz surround Devin Funchess as well. While regression is likely in store for Newton on the TD front, Carolina could be in more shootouts this coming year due to the departure of Josh Norman.
High End QB1
2. Aaron Rodgers - GB - Rodgers is still the best QB in the game.. When both Rodgers and his supporting cast are healthy he has never finished below QB2 since becoming a full time starter. With Jordy Nelson back practicing I'm fine with taking Rodgers at his ADP.
3. Russell Wilson - SEA - The Seahawks may be leaning towards a more pass happy approach than recent years, which is exactly what fantasy owners want to hear. Wilson's usage in the running game gives him that unfair weekly ceiling that can win your matchup. Wilson has finished as QB2 and QB3 the past two seasons.
4. Drew Brees - NOR - Brees hasn't finished below QB6 during his tenure with the Saints. His cupboard has been restocked a bit too with the addition of Michael Thomas and Coby Fleener. The Saints defense looks horrific again so the Saints are going to be throwing 650 times again this year.
High Floor QB1
5. Andrew Luck - IND - Which Andrew Luck will we see this year? Luck has all the ability in the world but I'm worried about their depth at the skill positions if they happen to catch the injury bug. There is nothing behind Gore or Dwayne Allen and outside of Hilton, Moncreif & Dorsett there isn't much at WR. We know how good Luck can be but I'm not willing to really ride that rollercoaster again.
6. Philip Rivers - SD - Rivers was QB6 the last time Ken Whisenhunt was callings plays and this time he arguably has a slightly more talented cast around him (Allen, Gates, Benjamin, Woodhead & Hunter Henry). Rivers was QB2 through the first 8 weeks of last season before injuries ravaged the team.
7. Carson Palmer - AZ - Palmer had a career year last season and at age 36 should still have enough in the tank to replicate it. The stable of running backs and wide receiver Arians has put together is impressive.
8. Tom Brady - NE - I want an angry Tom Brady on team. Would have been in the High QB1 tier if not for the 4 game suspension.
9. Eli Manning - NYG - Eli has quietly been a Top 10 QB both years under Ben McAdoo, Eli has thrown 30+ TD's the past two seasons without a reliable option across from Odell Beckham. With Sterling Shepard lining up in the slot and outside I expect the passing game to be even more potent.
10. Blake Bortles - JAX - Bortles was the King of Garbage Time last year but the Jags are hoping the game script is much different this coming year with all the additions on defense. The acquisition of Chris Ivory could also mean less reliance on Bortles in the red zone.
11. Ben Roethlisberger - PIT - The Steelers have arguably the most talented group of skill position players in the league but without Bell for 4 games, Martavis for 16, the growing pains of Sammie Coates and the uncertainty surrounding Ladarius Green's health I'm lower on Big Ben than most. I love Ben as a QB but right now he's being drafted as QB6 and I'm not on board with that ranking.
Perfect QB Streaming Options
12. Matthew Stafford - DET - We know Stafford is going to throw the ball 600+ times and I'm a fan of the additions of Marvin Jones and Anquon Boldin. Abdullah and Riddick are fun jitterbugs that add value in the passing game. I think Stafford is a nice high floor QB2 with QB1 upside if everything clicks. We'll see how year two under Cooter goes.
13. Kirk Cousins - WAS - Cousins finished 2015 on a tear tossing 23 TD to just 3 INT over his last 10 regular season games. Washington has an compiled a nice slew of weapons on the outside. DJax, Reed, Doctson, Garcon and Crowder skill sets compliment one another well. I'm still not 100% sold on Cousins and don't think he'll have 5 rushing TD's again so that's why he remains in the streaming category.
14. Tyrod Taylor - BUF - Taylor was outstanding last season and his play definitely warrants the contract extension that he recently signed. On a points per start basis Taylor ranked 7th among QB's last year. Taylor's ability as a runner gives him a relatively safe floor with huge upside some weeks. Sammy Watkins health is a big factor to his success and Watkins appears to be recovering from his offseason foot surgery just fine.
15. Derek Carr - OAK - Carr made a significant leap in his sophomore season increasing his touchdown total by 11 and passing yards by 700+. People may see the #17 ranking as too low for a guy who threw 32 TD's in his second season but there really isn't much separating the QB's in this streaming tier.
16. Robert Griffin III - CLE - I can't wait to stream RG3 this year. Griffin has shown he still has all the tools he displayed as a promising rookie so far this preseason. If healthy RG3 will put up QB1 points. I just don't have much faith that he'll last a full 16 games. RG3 is a perfect pick high risk pick late in a draft.
17. Marcus Mariota - TEN - Marcus Mariota is a top tier talent but I'm afraid the coaching and system the Titans plan to run will hold him back. Mike Mularkey intends to run a slow-pace run-oriented offense that he coined as "exotic smashmouth" this coming year. Hopefully there will be a uptick is designed QB runs for Mariota who only averaged 2.6 rushes per game as a rookie. The Titans WR corp is littered with mediocrity too.
18. Ryan Fitzpatrick - NYJ - Fitzpatrick had a career year in 2015 throwing for a career high 31 TD's. He got away with a lot last year and is due for some regression but he's returning to the same system with an even deeper stable of weapons. Devin Smith and Jace Amaro are healthy. Matt Forte and Powell are an outstanding one-two punch as receivers out of the backfield.
19. Jameis Winston - TAM - Winston had a fantastic rookie season throwing for over 4,000 yards and rushing for 6 TDs. Will he make the leap as a 2nd year signal caller that Derek Carr and Blake Bortles did last year? That remains to be seen but he certainly has the talent to vault up this list in years to come as he matures as a QB and creates even more of a chemistry with Mike Evans.
20. Alex Smith - KC
21. Ryan Tannehill - MIA
22. Jay Cutler - CHI
23. Matt Ryan - ATL
24. Andy Dalton - CIN
25. Brock Osweiler - HOU
26. Joe Flacco - BAL
27. Dak Prescott - DAL
28. Sam Bradford - MIN
29. Blaine Gabbert - SF
30. Trevor Siemian - DEN
31. Carson Wentz - PHI
32. Case Keenum - LAR
*Pour out some liquor for Teddy and Romo*